- 1 How do I get the passenger airbag light off?
- 2 How do you turn on the passenger airbag on a Renault Megane?
- 3 What does it mean when it says front passenger airbag enabled?
- 4 Why does the airbag light stay on?
- 5 Do you turn the airbag off if a child is in the front?
- 6 How do I turn on passenger airbag?
- 7 What does front left malfunction mean?
How do I get the passenger airbag light off?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times.
How do you turn on the passenger airbag on a Renault Megane?
To reactivate the airbag: with the vehicle stoppedand the ignition off, push and turn lock 1 to the ON position. With the ignition switched on, you must check that the warning light ¹ is out and that the warning light comes on the display 2 after each start-up for around 60 seconds.
What does it mean when it says front passenger airbag enabled?
Premium Member. “Front passenger airbag enabled” is the normal status of this airbag, unless you have an MB child seat fitted, which de-activates the airbag for safety reasons. It seems that there is a random fault with the child seat recognition system.
Why does the airbag light stay on?
The airbag warning light should only stay on when there’s a problem with the airbag system in the car. If the airbag hasn’t been deployed, the light will come on when the system senses that it cannot activate the airbag; this means that there is some sort of a problem with the airbag system in your vehicle.
Do you turn the airbag off if a child is in the front?
In a post on Facebook, Child Seat Safety says children below the age of 12-years-old ‘are the most at risk when the frontal airbag deploys in a crash’. The post also stresses that for anyone putting a rear facing child seat in the front passenger seat, it’s a legal requirement to first deactivate the airbag.
How do I turn on passenger airbag?
Make sure the passenger is sitting upright in the seat. Turn on the vehicle, wait for the air bag control to signal ON, and then keep the person and the seat in the same position for one minute. After one minute, the passenger can adjust their seat and sitting position, and the air bag will stay on.
What does front left malfunction mean?
The dash warning light “Front Left Malfunction Service Requested” warning light continues to come on. That light indicates a problem with the restraint system with the drivers seat. I’ve had the van back to my local MB dealer 3-4 times for this issue.